History

The first gold mine in the Kirkland Lake gold camp began producing gold in 1909. It was located just 2.0 km East of our claim group.

The Kirkland Lake gold camp has produced over 24 million ounces of gold, and Macassa continues to contribute to this daily.

Jas E. Thomson Map recorded the property geology in map 1945-1 which is included in Ontario Department of Mines 1950 report “Geology of Teck Township and the Kenogami Area Kirkland Lake Gold Belt”. Howard Lovell subsequently mapped Eby Township south of the claims and incorporated Thomson’s mapping into his map of Eby and Otto townships.

The present owners cut approximately 46 kilometers of grid and performed multi-frequency Max-Min EM, magnetometer, and detailed geology mapping. An encouraging association of Max-Min conductors, favorable magnetic signatures, a complex association of faulting and alteration zones, and quartz-Fe-carbonate veins with Au values, and mineralized glacial float were identified. 17 targets were identified and designated as “A” to “Q” (see Map 5). These were configured as the optimum combinations of coincident Max-Min conductors, favorable magnetic signatures, a complex association of faulting and alteration zones, and/or quartz-Fe-carbonate veins. Priority is given to the intersection of structures. The MaxMin anomalies are included in the identified targets as secondary targets where coincident, structural and alteration features are located. Preference is given to MaxMin anomalies of short strike length. 

During the fall of 2008; the base line and grid lines were cut to the identified targets. The targets were identified in the field and viable drill hole configurations were designed and picketed in the field (drill ready).      

Explicit drill proposals and proposed drill sections have been prepared and are available on paper copy.